The MEFMA Awards of Excellence in FM 2023
The Winner and Highly Commended from each category will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner on May 11, 2023
The top 3 winners will then qualify for the Global FM Awards of Excellence in FM 2023, along with nominations from other FM associations around the world
Read more about Global FM awards of Excellence
The Global FM Awards of Excellence, recognise the “best of the best” within the FM World and promote the strategic value and progress of facilities management. Recognition through the Global FM Awards of Excellence, celebrates and shares the efforts of individuals and teams, who have made a significant contribution to the knowledge and practice of FM to improve the workplace, building, or personal environment.
These awards will provide an invaluable worldwide recognition to recipients for their commitment and success in promoting and enhancing FM practices.
The recipients of these awards will have demonstrated the value of their innovations and/or improvements to the industry by considering the global impact and vision of FM – Making a Real Difference.
MEFMA award categories
Technology Implementation in FM
This award recognizes the most effective and innovative use of FM technology, wherein the impact of using technology from customer experience, operations effectiveness & ROI needs to be validated.
Digital Transformation in FM
This award recognizes implementation of a digital transformation strategy within its business, with the ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change while embracing technology as a center of operation excellence.
Sustainability in FM Operations
This award recognizes an outstanding commitment to sustainability and how FMs are integrating sustainability initiatives into their FM operations. The case study shall showcase stakeholders involvement while achieving the expected results.
People Development in FM
This award recognizes the submission that showcases the most effective investment in people development & welfare across all their FM workforce.
Customer Experience in FM
This award recognizes the diverse needs and satisfaction of its clients, leading to a positive customer experience, whilst showcasing the impact of such delivery of customer-centric solution.
Energy Management in FM
This award recognizes the project that has achieved outstanding performance in their facility by adapting best practice processes to reduce the consumption of energy / carbon emissions considering the RRR philosophy (reduce, reuse and recycle).
Excellence in FM Health & Safety
Health & Safety culture is a key to FM success towards protecting humans and reducing financial impact of accidents. This award submission will need to showcase and demonstrate commitment to HSE engaging all relevant parties.
CSR Initiative in FM
This award recognizes outstanding Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives across FM that contributes to the social, ethical and environmental aspects of the society.
This award recognizes outstanding FM partnerships and collaborations between the client & service provider / supplier & service provider, resulting in close cooperation and delivery of best practice.
FM Consultancy Best Practice
This award recognizes and supports achievement in FM consulting practice that includes offering clients effective solutions and providing expertise that help them achieve their business objectives such as FM design review, life cycle assessment, FM strategy initiatives among other FM consultant offerings.
All submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a MEFMA company member
- The submission must focus and concentrate on one specific project / case study / initiative considering the categories and criteria mentioned hereafter
- Operational or implemented initiatives must have been fully operational in the Middle East for at least six months prior to February 1, 2023
- No General or Commercial Marketing material to be included in the submission
- All entries must be submitted in English only
Terms & Conditions
- Applications must be submitted online by logging in to the member’s account on the MEFMA website
- Each member company is eligible to apply for one or more award categories
- Each category entry should be filled in a separate submission form, for companies submitting in more than one awards category
- Incase of any membership cancellation during the awards submission and until the awards announcement, MEFMA reserves the right to withdraw the company’s submission
- The submission deadline is final and not subject to any exception or changes
- The submission must follow the exact specifications and word count mentioned hereafter
- Once the entry is submitted, no further changes will be accepted
- There is no financial obligation associated with the awards entry submission
- MEFMA will announce the winners only during the Awards Gala Dinner, none of the applicants or nominees will receive any statement, result or hint prior to the event
- MEFMA reserves the right to cancel part or all of the awards categories for any reason
- MEFMA reserves the right to change or postpone the submission deadline
- MEFMA reserves the right to publish a winner’s submission as a report / case study thereafter, in coordination with the member company
- MEFMA reserves the right to withdraw the award, if the winner fails to attend the Awards
- All entries will be evaluated and judged based on the awards criteria, by an independent Jury Committee, composed of leading experts and industry players who represent a broad spectrum of Facilities Management, to ensure fair judging of the submissions
- All judges names will be kept anonymous and only announced once the Judging Process has been completed
- The Winner & Highly Commended will be announced within each MEFMA awards category
- Top 3 highest scoring submissions to qualify for the Global FM Awards of Excellence in FM 2023
- Applications must be submitted online by clicking on the ‘Apply’ tab of the Awards page on the MEFMA website.
- Member companies are required to login to their membership account to continue with the submission process.
- Please select the Awards Category you would like to enter. If you would like to apply in more than one category, kindly submit another form for the additional category that you wish to apply for.
- During the submission process, you will also have the option to ‘Save and Continue Later’, wherein the submission can be accessed from the ‘My Submission’ tab of the Awards page and/or from your membership dashboard.
- Answer each of the below criteria to support your submission process (500 words maximum per judging criteria). Description of each criteria will be available once you login to your membership account and start the application process.
- Creation, Evolution, and Implementation
- Innovation in FM
- Corporate Outcomes
- Leadership and Success in FM
- Contribution to FM Worldwide
- Attach a maximum of two supporting documents (total of 4 pages), for example:
- Published articles;
- Certificates/awards or any other materials that may be considered to support your entry;
- An independent report verifying the entry’s findings or outcomes will be heavily weighted;
- Final submission deadline – March 5, 2023 (Late submissions will not be accepted)
AWARDS JUDGING PANEL
Abdulhadi is currently the Head of Corporate Services at the UAE based Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (du). He joined this fast growing and dynamic organization in 2008 as VP, Asset Management & Corporate Admin, and has been a driving force contributing to its many facets of success and evolution since inception.
Prior to this appointment, Abdulhadi held the position of Chief Engineer, Integrated Customer Services and Facilities Management for 13 years at the giant global telecom company Etisalat.
His achievements are well recognized by the professional community and are highlighted through his many positive accomplishments within the FM community. In addition to being one of the key individuals contributing to the establishment and success of MEFMA, he also represents the sector internationally as a Board of Director of Global FM.
Abdulhadi holds a Bachelor of Sciences in Mechanical Engineering from the prestigious George Washington University, USA, as well as Post Graduate Certificates in both Strategic Leadership from Cranfield University, UK, and Managing Corporate Resources from IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Ayman Alwaleedi is the Project Development Executive Director for The Rua Al Madinah Holding Company (RUM-H), a closed joint stock company wholly owned by the Public Investment Fund (PIF), Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund. Overseeing the development and execution of program and project management for a new hospitability destination in Al Madinah Munawara City as part of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030.
Brining more than 17 years of experience in project development, Design Management, Master Planning, Facility, and Operation. Knowledgeable in managing and developing the design and delivery duties by leading project development, planning, design, and commercial team and ensuring proper project execution through monitoring project stage gates to ensure high-end and on-time delivery.
Previous positions include Project Delivery Director at the Red Sea Global for establishing Program Delivery Office & Project Control function including Risk, KPI, Digital Delivery, reporting, BoD reports and Governance, Risk & Compliance management. He worked as Director of Project Management Office (PMO) at MoH to build up a methodology of project and initiatives management, and Program Director of Tatweer Building Company, leading and delivering construction and facilities programs. As Director of Project Management Office (PMO) at KACST, he was responsible for creating and implementing projects strategy across several sector. Prior to this, held senior positions at Industrial Clusters and National Guard.
Furthermore, a Committee Member of several committee at Riyadh Chamber, Facility and Hospitality Training Center (FHM) and Saudi Umran Society for Facility Management. In addition, he is certified on PMP, RMP, FMP & PMOC and holds a BSc Mechanical Engineering from the King Saud University, KSA. He carried his MSc and PhD degree in Project and Facility Management field from Heriot-Watt University.
Over 30 years of experience in the Project Management (PM), Facilities Management (FM), Building Technologies, and Information Technologies (IT) industries. Effective, experienced Manager, with strategic thinking, positive attitude and a proven Project Management track record since 1998.
A self-motivated, flexible professional manager and a dynamic problem solver supported by excellent team building motivational skills. Managing the delivery of complex projects as an experienced leader of multi-disciplinary teams. The span of experience ranges from major constructions, infrastructure, IT systems implementation related to PM & FM Field, engineering documents management systems, setting standards, operating procedures, maintaining critical operation sites, Quality Management Systems implementation, and customer satisfaction monitoring.
A well oriented expert in Project Management, Facility Management, Real Estate Development, Restructuring and Reengineering of Processes, Social Development strategies and planning, with Civil Engineering background accompanied with over 20 years of experience, and leadership skills in senior positions since 2007. Accomplished a career track in the MENA region and known throughout delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains within highly competitive markets, demonstrated strong skills in deploying strategies and establishing new companies and managing over 500 employees. Eng. Khozouz has successfully created local companies with international standards to be able to provide a high-end FM service to all types of clients.
Eng. Lara Khozouz is currently occupying the position of Founder and CEO of Experts 360 Consultancy company specialized in Facility Management and Project Management services, prior to that she held the position of Group Operations Director for Abdali and Boulevard Investment & Development Companies in Jordan. She is also a board Member in the Arab Council for Operations and Maintenance. She is also a member of the ESI International Project Management Association since 2007, and a member of the Jordanian Engineers Association since 1999.
Early 2008 she held the position of VP for Program Management & Administration in Darat Jordan Holdings. She was appointed as the Managing Director of Globe Williams Jordan and participated in establishing the 1st international FM company in Jordan, then established a new FM Company (Finan) Facility Management a subsidiary of Mid Global Investment Group and held the position of the General Manager for the company till May 2015.
Eng. Lara holds master’s degree in Project Management from George Washington University (2007), and a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the University of Jordan (1999).
Said El Haousali is a versatile and accomplished Senior Executive Management Professional with over 18 years of experience in Facilities and Association Management. He is recognized for hands-on experience in developing, establishing, and directing operational policies to support the overall organizational objectives. He is known for using Engineering skills, strategic insights, and sharp planning skills to manage business operations and establish a winning culture within the team to meet top-line and bottom-line objectives.
What makes him truly influential is his generous mentorship of young talent and leaders. He continues to give back to the industry through participation in leading discussions and conferences. He is an award-winning professional with exceptional fluency in Arabic, French, English, and Spanish. He is also RERA certified in the Association Management since 2010 and NEBOSH certified in Occupational Health and Safety since 2013 and has maintained close ties with sector professionals from MEFMA, IRECMS, and RERA.
Stan is CEO of Key Facilities Management which is the longest established Facilities Management business in the UK, with the head office in Scotland and operating across more than nineteen countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East and delivering FM related Consulting, Training and Operations Management.
Stan brings 35+ years’ experience in FM and has a passion for ‘TRUE’ Facilities Management. He has functioned as Chairman of the Global Facilities Management Association, British Standards Institution FM Committee and ISO TC 267 Facility Management Committee and amongst other professional roles.
He is recognised worldwide as a pioneer in the development of FM as a Strategic Professional Discipline.
FEBRUARY 1, 2023
MARCH 5, 2023
MARCH 6-26, 2023
MAY 11, 2023